Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My girlfriend has a G6 GT with the 3.5L engine. Shes told me one day her car started to jitter and the check engine light came on then after a few seconds all was fine. We decided to hook the Modis to it and found it was a misfire on cylinder 1. When I asked about her spark plugs she said they have never been changed, the car has 50k miles on it.

I was wondering what type of spark plug these engines take? Platinum? Iridium?
I believe the stock ones are Iridium but they happen to be the most expensive out there.... what do you guys think? Can I install something becides Iridiums?
Also what brand do you suggest? I read Autolites are the best for "normal driving" but just wanted to make sure.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
It wont need new plugs till you have over 100,000 miles on it.
I would wager its your wires. Pull the plug and look at it.
I bet its not fouled.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally tried to pull the #1 plug today and couldnt get the plug wire off. Any method you guys have to take them off without destroying them? Am I correct in assuming the #1 cylinder is nearest to the firewall and the passenger side of the car?

·
LCPL Cobb
67 Posts
I changed to new plugs in my car not too long ago. I know I didn't need to, but I did anyway. the whole back side of the engine is a p.i.t.a. to get to when changing them. In some cases I had to use a long screwdriver and pry on it. Just make sure you don't push too hard into the rubber or else you'll need new wires regardless if they were bad or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts