Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2007 G6 GT with the Moonsoon soundsystem for about two months now and I am aware that this system has 8 speakers but looking around the car I only see 6.... 2 front door speakers, 2 tweeters by each a pillar, and 2 shelf speakers....Where are the last 2 speakers and subwoofer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
the subwoofers are your 6x9s in the rear deck and there are a 3.5 inch pair of speakers in either the rear doors or the rear decklid as well for the sedan and should be the same for the coupe but im not sure on the convertible

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.....But where in the 4 door are the rear door speakers if there aren't any speaker grilles visible? And so does that mean the speakers on the rear shelf are both subwoofers?

P.S I have a stock 2007 G6 GT with the Monsoon System

·
Registered
455 Posts
There are no speakers in the rear doors.
The Monsoon for the sedan has 2 speakers at each front door and 2 2-way speakers on the rear shelf. The makes the total of 8 speakers altogether.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no speakers in the rear doors.
The Monsoon for the sedan has 2 speakers at each front door and 2 2-way co-axial speakers on the rear shelf. The makes the total of 8 speakers altogether.
Sorry to sound like a moron if i'm just not getting this, but doesn't 2 speakers in each front door and 2 in the shelf add up to six speakers?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Sorry to sound like a moron if i'm just not getting this, but doesn't 2 speakers in each front door and 2 in the shelf add up to six speakers?
Auto manufacturers like to count each driver as a speaker. This means the 2 2-way speakers on the rear shelf count as 4 speakers, plus the 2 in each front door for a total of 8 speaker altogether.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh....ok thanks for the help

·
Registered
95 Posts
I disagree. I know I've only have my car for a month but if that's the case then by what your saying I apparently have 10 speekers cause there are the 2 tweeters in the front as well. Besides I'm pretty damn sure there are speakers in the rear doors that are mid bass speakers in which case to do whjat they are trying to do with them you don't need speaker grilles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ok........ here we go.....

sedan w/o monsoon

front door 6.5 inch with tweeter near mirror
rear deck 6x9

= 6 speakers *by gm standards

sedan w/ monsoon

front door 6.5 inch in door with tweeter near mirror
rear deck 6x9s as subs and 3.5 inch next to them not a coaxial

= 8 speakers *by gm standards

coupe w/o monsoon-----same as sedan

coupe w/ monsoon

front 6.5 inch in door also with tweeter in door not near mirror and i believe it is a bigger speaker too so maybe a 3.5 inch

rear same as sedan 6x9s and 3.5s next to them

= 8 speakers *

i am not sure about convertibles I will let you know soon

·
Registered
7 Posts
do I have the monsoon system?

i figured out the easiest way to tell if you have the monsoon system.
when you turn on your stereo it says MONSOON if you have it. lol to bad no one figured it out sooner!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts