Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
G6ToPLeTBaCK~
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i recently purchased an 05 g6 gt, and my speakers - without having the volume cranked or anything - started making a buzzing noise. i played around with the balance/controls and realized it was only buzzing when the bass was on at all and when the sound was coming from the back speakers but only when it was coming out the center-right (and not the left). this problem has occurred before but somehow fixed itself.
so i was just wondering if anyone could give me advice
thanks

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
I also noticed this issue and when I took the car in the dealer said that there was no problem.

Later I found out that if the passenger side door is not shut tightly it will make a slight vibration or buzz. I just make sure to firmly close the passenger side door and the vibration goes away. So far this has seemed to fix the problem.

I also noted that the buzz was louder when the car was colder, ex. using AC on a long trip or in the winter.

Having just come to Pontiac from a Saturn, I understand that plastic vibrates. If I find the buzz to be too annoying I have a few tricks I learned with the Satty in mind to fix the problems. One trick involves using double sided carpet tape and felt. The other involves removing the speakers and reinstalling them with a layer of tape around their rims to keep down vibrations. A much more expensive and time consuming method involves sound deadening material such as Dynamat(c) being applied to the inside of the doors and on the plastic lower door panels.

As I said before, I just make sure that the door is shut tight and the buzzing seems to go away. Sometimes I'll stop at a stop light. put the car in park, Reach over open the passenger door, Slam it shut, then continue on my way buzz free.

Hope this helps.

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
Ok, I thought it was just the door not being shut tight but now I'm convinced that there is something else wrong, the "buzzy" sound has come back and fixed itself several times and on several different CD's and radio stations. I now think that it may be a wiring issue where the wires go into the door. There is some kind of quick connect there but I can't remember the name of it right now. The "buzzy" sound comes out a lot more in cold weather like what we've had in MD for the last few weeks.

I'm going to try to take the connector out and add some dielectric tune up grease to it to see if that will help it get a better contact. I think that slamming the door was moving the connector ever so slightly and making it contact better.

I'll post here again if this is the case... though it may be a few days until warmer weather will permit me to do this as I have no garage to work in and it is kinda cold out.

·
G6ToPLeTBaCK~
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i think my problem was a bit different like maybe cross wiring or wires touching.. idunno but whatever it was it seems to be okay now. thanks for the help tho :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts