Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 06 G6 gt with the 8 speaker moonson system. I was listening to a rap cd one day and i had it up as long it can go and all of a sudden all of the speakers stopped working, the back speakers are still working and the tweeters but the door speakers arent working and the subwoofers in the back. I thought i blew them so i purchased new original ones and swapped them in and they still dont work. What else could it be?? I checked all of my fuses and they all look good, the amp fuse still works. Any ideas out there????????

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Ehh maybe the ground to your stereo came off and its ungrounded?

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
You blew the Mid range out of your factory amp in the trunk.
that or you messed with the fader settings to only play in the back :eek:

·
Registered
392 Posts
You blew the Mid range out of your factory amp in the trunk.
Was just coming home from school and I experienced a similar problem to the OP. Out of no where my music went to sounding like $^#@. Playing with the bal/fad the rears still work and I can hear music form the tweeters on the door but nothing else up front. If I did blow the mid range in the amp how do I go about getting this fixed? Or any other suggestions?

·
Active G6er
27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 V6 and I am having this same problem suddenly. I was listening to music 1 day, it wasnt up all the way or anything and I noticed it sounded different and with less bass then normal. I changed it so it would just come out of the front speakers in the doors and the passenger side you could barely hear at all and the driver side door would come in and out. The driver side would be bumping along and all of a sudden it would cut out and go so it could barely be heard and when I put my hand on the speaker you could barely feel anything coming out of it. I read that it could be the amp in the trunk?....

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 V6 and I am having this same problem suddenly. I was listening to music 1 day, it wasnt up all the way or anything and I noticed it sounded different and with less bass then normal. I changed it so it would just come out of the front speakers in the doors and the passenger side you could barely hear at all and the driver side door would come in and out. The driver side would be bumping along and all of a sudden it would cut out and go so it could barely be heard and when I put my hand on the speaker you could barely feel anything coming out of it. I read that it could be the amp in the trunk?....
More likely to be bad/intermittent speakers in the doors.

·
Registered
295 Posts
theone2225,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This may be due to a connection issue, an amp issue, or a water leak in the trunk. These are just suggestions, they are not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They will be able to offer additional information after inspecting the vehicle.

If you need assistance locating a technician, please provide your zip code.

Louis
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
30 Posts
theone2225,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This may be due to a connection issue, an amp issue, or a water leak in the trunk. These are just suggestions, they are not meant as a diagnosis.

I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an official diagnosis. They will be able to offer additional information after inspecting the vehicle.

If you need assistance locating a technician, please provide your zip code.

Louis
GM Customer Service
I dont have an amp, nor was there a water leak in the trunk. I stopped by the local GM dealership and said it's most likely the speakers are the problem. They told me to stop by and they'd check it out for me so when I get a day off from work Im going to stop by and see what they can find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.