Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriends 2006 G6 3500 four door is having a vibrational issue. The vibration gets worse as speed increases. I jacked the car up to search for anything out of the ordinary as well as to try and test each wheel bearing trying to move/shake each wheel/tire by hand. The wheel bearings seemed fine from the hand movement test. Anyone else have a similar problem with their vehicle?

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
286 Posts
Could be caused by a couple of things. Bad strut or a bad wheel balance. Checking the wheel bearings is a good start. Most often when wheel bearings go bad you will have a grinding or howling noise at different speeds and when you turn sharp at slow speeds.

One question, when you are at about 50 or 60 mph and hit a hard bump in the road, does the car jerk to one side like it wants to skip left or right? If so you most likely have a bad strut.

If the the strut is bad it will make the tire bounce while going down the road and cause vibration.

If all this is fine then you most likely have a tire out of balance.

Try getting tires balanced and rotated if needed and see if this remedies your problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I haven't noticed sudden jerking over bumps at the speeds you mentioned, but I'll definitely make sure the wheels/tires are balanced next and keep everyone up to date in the mean time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.