Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been other posts on this my speedometer does not move smooth it started it about a month ago i have not had time to take it into the dealer with xmas and all wondering if there are any updates on this problem and who else has had this problem.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take my car in tomorow morning to get the speedo looked at i hope they replace it not tell me theres nothing wrong like they have done before with other things

·
Registered
3 Posts
My G6 developed a speedometer problem last week. At speeds above 75mph the needle would suddenly drop from 75 to 40 and then recover. Took it to the dealer this morning and while they couldn't duplicate the problem, they "re-programmed" the instrument cluster. I took it back out an went about 10 miles at 75mph and it seemed OK. Will have to watch it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know I'm behind here...I have just noticed the same problem..well not just but a while ago...I 've been thinking about taking it in but my work isn't in the same city as the dealership anymore and I don't trust other dealers around. I'll put this on my list of things to be looked at...along with the engine not turning over properly.

SBM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Speedometer issue

mannami said:
My G6 developed a speedometer problem last week. At speeds above 75mph the needle would suddenly drop from 75 to 40 and then recover. Took it to the dealer this morning and while they couldn't duplicate the problem, they "re-programmed" the instrument cluster. I took it back out an went about 10 miles at 75mph and it seemed OK. Will have to watch it.
Update - Problem happened again and this time I rode with the dealer's technician and this time we were able to duplicate the problem. He thinks it's a wiring issue. I am going to take it in next week and leave it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
:banana: I posted on hear a year ago about my speedo issues i got so sick of it now i just can tell how fast i am going without looking most of the time mine would be 5mph off sum times or it would just not move, my favroite is the 2min dance on start up before it decided to start workin LOL.
But the kicker is everytime i get an oil change or something there i will tell them to check it out and it is always working perfectly when i am in there and everyone thinks i am CRAZY!

·
Registered
3 Posts
7/12/06 The car has been in the shop for almost a week. They replaced the speed sensor but problem was still there. They just called to tell me that the GM techical folks think that there is a seal leaking in the transmission that is causing the gear that sends the signal to the speedometer to slip at speeds of 75 mph and above. They now have the transmission apart. If that doesn't fix it, they are going to replace the transmission. I hope the cure is not worse than the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 2005 G6 v6 and have the speedo problem myself. It well "tick" about 2 mph at a time. I have taken to the dealer a few times now it seems to work just fine. I well be taking it back soon keep you posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts