Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if splash guards are available for the G6?
Would prefer w/ Pontiac logo but will take black if that's all that is available.
Also the parts mgr. @ the Pontiac dealership told me that a locking gas cap is not availabe for this car.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bernie

·
Registered
169 Posts
Splash guards are available, both with a G6 logo and without. Those without a logo are molded to the shape of the body and trim. Those with a logo are "contoured", as GM calls them. Probably means the shape sort-of follows the edges, but isn't exactly matched.

For a locking gas cap, you'll have to go aftermarket. Try Autozone or Advance Auto for a low-buck shot.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do people really siphon gas from your car? Maybe I've been lucky, but I haven't had it happen yet. ::knock on wood::

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback.
Will probably get them this weekend. Tried to get the splashguards online but to no avail.
Ref. to locking gas cap, tried aftermarket on my 01' Cierra and the check engine light came on til I changed the cap to GM one. Good luck w/ you're new G6!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
169 Posts
MHadden said:
Do people really siphon gas from your car?
Is is even possible to do that anymore on newer vehicles?

All the vehicles I've bought since the mid 90s has had a plate or baffle that prevented a hose from going all the way into the tank. (I used to siphon gas out of them for my motorcycles when I had neglected stopping at the pump :eek: )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Locking gas cap. I got one for my 2000 Grand Am as soon as they came out. And, I'll get one for my G6 once they are available. It's not to stop people from taking fuel out. It to prevent people from sticking things in. Call me paranoid.

Al

·
Registered
169 Posts
MHadden said:
What, may I ask, would someone stick in there... :confused: :D
I had a neighbor down the street a few years ago that had sand poured into his.

Then there was kid in high school that had sugar poured into his. Man, that really screwed up his engine.

And ping-pong balls are always fun. :mad:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I must have lived in boring neighborhoods all my life...never heard of any of that around where I lived. Nor have I heard about ping pong balls :confused: Sugar and sand I have, though. Pisses me off when others want to f**k up stuff that's not theirs...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no not yet but w/the $$$ of gas these days ot is only a matter of time.
My wife works in a tough neighborhood

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big Al said:
Locking gas cap. I got one for my 2000 Grand Am as soon as they came out. And, I'll get one for my G6 once they are available. It's not to stop people from taking fuel out. It to prevent people from sticking things in. Call me paranoid.

Al

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Al,

Went to pep boys last night where they had several locking gas caps all with different part numbers.
No listing in the book to ref. G6. Will have to ponder a little longer to see if I want to play russian roulette with the applications.

Bernie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts