Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I plan on getting a spoiler for my baby and I want to know if I get a pre painted one is it something i could do myself with the right tools or is it more complicated?? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANK YOU MY MAN! Now I'm going to compare prices and decide my best option (painted DIY or nonpainted professional) =D

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Its not that difficult. My 6 didn't come with one so I bought a pre painted from ebay. It came with a template and was easy to install. the worst part was drilling holes in my trunk.

Does the paint have any signs of oxidation, peeling, or significant orange peel?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Drilling holes in your trunk that has nice paint will always suck. Its scary too. You gotta be very careful that one second the bit slips and careens off the spot you wanted a hole at, all hell breaks loose lol

I removed mt stock spoiler, and installed a grand am SC/T spoiler. I had to widen two stock holes. And drill 2 new stock holes for it.

Also. Apply 3m double sided tape as well! It helps for extra support.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Put some masking tape down and drill through that. Start of with the smallest bit you have to make a pilot hole. Easier to keep from walking. Then drill it bigger and you should be good

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good idea. I didnt do that lol started with the size hole I needed and went at it. Very carefully and steady.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts