Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 pontiac g6 sedan and I am having a difficult time finding a sporty spoiler for my car. It currently doesn't have a spoiler at all and it needs one bad but I want a sport one. I really like the arched 2d g6 spoilers and arched g5 spoilers but I haven't found anyone who knows it they fit a 4d g6. they look as though they would fit but i don't know enough about them to know. Can anybody give me either suggestions on spoilers that are similar to those or let me know if those would fit my car, i would greatly appreciate it. And no carbon fiber. Attached are some images of the spoilers I really like.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
There arent too many spoiler options for the sedan. The only three that come to mind is the tiny little lip spoiler that comes with the GT model, a slightly larger version of that that sticks out more (9.5 Spoiler, Look at Lampoons car for an example), and the Hammerhead spoiler. My personal favorite is the hammerhead because its just so different looking. Just sporty enough, while still being unique (and not ricey). They are kind of hard to find thou, I know a few models came stock with the spoiler (possibly GTP? or GXP? not really sure). If you can find one, I would get it. Then let me know where you got it, cause I would love to get one but they are kind of hard to come across.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i definately want a raised spoiler but i wasnt a big fan of the spoilers they made for the sedan models. i like how the ones i showed are raised high but not super high and i also like how they have the slight arch. thats why i was hoping the gtp version would fit the sedan model. the back enda look almost exactly alike so it seems it would fit.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
The neon one isnt bad...The lines dont quite line up on the trunk lines but its not bad.

neon sx 2.0 spoiler

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea that custom gtp spoiler is the closest thing that I saw to the 2d model that was made for the 4d. I would like it to be raised more like the gtp pic I posted but I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to have to settle on something else. Thanks for all the help guys. Keep the suggestions coming if you have any more. I'm still trying to find out if the gtp one will fit the 4d.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
If you don't have any current spoiler holes in your trunk, then why not find one that you like and would look good and have it installed? You have to drill the holes either way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I have never drilled holes in my trunk. I was wondering about that. Does it matter about the shape of the trunk? Would the place where you drill the holes fit flat down on the trunk?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Yea I have never drilled holes in my trunk. I was wondering about that. Does it matter about the shape of the trunk? Would the place where you drill the holes fit flat down on the trunk?
Our trunk curves off so you should take the spoiler and position it where you want first before drilling. Just don't drill where it curves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I see what you mean. Your talking about the big curves on the trunk from the 2d models right? I talking about the overall slight curve of the trunk on both 2d and 4d. Like, the trunk isn't flat all the way across, it has a slight curve. I was wondering if that curve was the same. Bc if it's not then the spoiler won't lay flat on the trunk.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
5,352 Posts
Lampoon, do you know if the drilled holes match? (Like from the GT stock spolier to the painted one?)
I saw one with that spoiler two years ago.
It looked to me that the mounting points are not the same.

do you no what this spoiler is called on this g6 in the link i am going to post.. if so please email me at [email protected]
^That is the GM G6 2009.5 spoiler. It does have the same mounting points
as the previous years stock spoiler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lampoon.. I dont have a spoiler on my car or any drilled holes yet.. I wanted that one i posted on here. But i dont know where to find them at.. I dont know what they are called.. I was going to go to a tuner style ones but this one took my eye.. i seen it on one g6 and i like the looks .. do you know a site i can get one and would a dealer can get one??

·
5,352 Posts
I ordered mine from gmpartsdirect.com

You just need the part number. It came primed si I then had it painted.
Yes dealerships can get it. Its a GM part.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts