Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;)Finally I am uploading the pics of my Spyder Blacked out halo headlights. I have had them on my g6 for a month now, i'm just really slow at putting them online. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the light output is awesome actually. I haven't had any trouble with them cracking either. I think if ppl have cracking issues they might have tried to pit an hid bulb in, it says on the light not to use hid. The highest watt bulb would prob be a 55 watt if u want to get the bright white look. I'm going to try 55 watt Nokias and see what that looks like.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
looks awesome!!

·
Midnight Blue GT
186 Posts
No the light output is awesome actually. I haven't had any trouble with them cracking either. I think if ppl have cracking issues they might have tried to pit an hid bulb in, it says on the light not to use hid. The highest watt bulb would prob be a 55 watt if u want to get the bright white look. I'm going to try 55 watt Nokias and see what that looks like.
where on the light does it state not to use hid's? Because im looking to purchase these http://www.carid.com/2008-pontiac-g6-headlights/halo-projector-82162.html and i also want hids

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the housing in really small print. I never saw anything about not using hids when I was lookin at them online. U can always try but I sure am not about to experiment with a pair of 300 dollar halos. The hids don't mean as much to me personally. I will be trying the nokyas.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I think i see more people just wire it in to their park lights, prolly easier?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,354 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea they are wired into my parking lights, pretty simple. I'm guessing if the guy originally put hids in and had ppl say they were cracking it might be the reason they suggest not to use them. I dunno I'm not pushin it lol I'm just using the 55s.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I might get em for myself for christmas haha i love the night shots :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone I'm glad u all like them. I absolutley love them they are worth every bit of money. If ur debating I would just go for it lol!

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I am new to the Pontiac G6 GT 2008 which I love, I want to throw some upgrades on it an I want to start with the headlights I've been on spyderauto.com and don't see the headlights for the G6 on there website so I cannot order them. Also I was curious as to wether or not if these headlights disable the auto feature? And if they are direct fit and wht they cost. Thanks alot guys

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
I've seen them on ebay, They are a direct fit, I dont think they disable the auto feature, i've seen them run for about 200 bucks.

If you want the halos to work you will have to do some wiring but its not that complicated. You just wire it to your parking light switch or atleast thats what i've seen most people do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
200 bucks aint to shabby haha. They look damn nice and aren't the halos what you drive at night with? I'm new to the whole headlight thing haha. Hid and halo an all that stuff confuses me, I watched a video on here some where an it looked like the headlights already had a connector on the that just clipped into your old one. Correct me if I'm wrong I just get nervous cutting into
Wires on a nice car :)

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Yeah the halos are for show more than anything and they don't come wired already. The projector part of the headlight is what you drive at night with, unless you drive in a well lit city you could use the halos they are pretty bright. That clip you see them pluggin is for the actual low beam and high beam.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts