Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Spyder led turn signal

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dmanj 
#1 ·
So i was thinking that for my spyders i will change the turn signal and move it up into that strip that is right above everything. But then idk what i will do with that extra space where the turn signal was. Also do you think it would be possible to make those leds that are right below the turn signals part of the turn signals?

#2 ·
yea that's totally possible, just find the led wires, cut them and use those quick splices and splice them into the turn signal wires, but since there leds your going to have to wire in a load resistor our the leds will hyper flash when blinking. and also if you really want to customize your headlights you can open them up and retrofit a couple of new projectors into the old turn signal hole and have two lo beams in each headlight. it would put a lot of stress on the stock harness so if you did that I would suggest installing a an hid wiring harness straight to the battery. if you do go with the retro fit I would also suggest replacing the projectors that came with the headlight cuz Ive heard a lot of bad reviews on the light output with them

#3 ·
To put a projector in the turn signal you would have to cut a hole into the crossmember behind the headlight otherwise there would be no chance of it fitting.

For the bottom LEDs, if it were me, I would replace them with RGB LEDs and wire up a circuit so that the LEDs flash orange when the signal is on, and stay white when the signal is off. Same thing could be done above in that bar if you wanted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.