Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Brand new to the forum. my question is this: My g6 coupe has about 650miles on it and recently started squeaking when i go over bumps. it also makes this noise when i come to a stop or start moving. it didn't show up until about 500miles, and i thought maybe it was just due to the colder temps. it is now 50's outside and makes this noise. i am positive it isn't the brakes, but seems to be coming from the actual drivers seat itself...anyone had this problem or know what it is?

·
Registered
195 Posts
i had this problem but there's not much you can do ... on mine it was the driver's seat ... i couldn't even tell what it was at first ... the way i figured it out was i lifted myself up as i was driving over bumps which is kind of dangerous but when i was driving it didn't sqeak and when i sat back down it did it again ... as you probably know there's a button on the side of the seat that is used to lift the sit up or to lower it ... all i did was lifted it up an inch and it hasn't been doing that since then ... i don't konw if that's the problem you have but that's how i solved it ... hope you solve it ... keep us updated

·
Registered
10 Posts
You could have something as simple as under seat wiring harness interfering with seat movement or a broken seat spring, or it could be something under the car located under the seat area. Rather than just put up wit it, when you are certain that it is always there have the dealer service manager take a drive with you in the passenger seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts