Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have this squeaky noise that i beleive it coming out of the front right tire. it is very high pitch and my parents can't hear it but i know i do and as well as my brother. IT SQUEAKS UNTIL I HIT THE BRAKE, and when its cold out and i let the car sit for a while in the cold its even worse. can you tell me the problem?

·
^I R CUSTOM^
77 Posts
Mine did it too....I'm not exactly positive, but I believe its the crappy pads/rotor combo pontiac put on. Just replace your pads with a good quality pad and the problem should go away. And if you can afford it, get rid of the rotors and buy some aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
when you have squeaking from your front wheels while rolling and it stops when you brake, that is the pad wear indicator. you need new brake pads...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have had similar problems. It is most likely the pad wear indicator. But, it could also be the wheel bearing in the front right wheel. I had mine check by the dealer and they replaced it. I would first replace the brakes, or at least check them.

-Matthew-

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
well i have this squeaky noise that i beleive it coming out of the front right tire. it is very high pitch and my parents can't hear it but i know i do and as well as my brother. IT SQUEAKS UNTIL I HIT THE BRAKE, and when its cold out and i let the car sit for a while in the cold its even worse. can you tell me the problem?
I had this prob w/ other Pontiacs in the past, I found that replacing the pads w/ higher quality parts stopped it from happening again. Our lovely GM cars don't come with the best equipment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine only does it when i step on the gas. The dealer said i needed back brakes so i got them and it still does it. Ive had pontiacs in the past and they all seem to do this. what gives?

·
Registered
28 Posts
what year is your car? if its under warranty bring it to the dealer and have them check out your pads. i know of an updated pad kit to help with brake noise, but it wont help out much. i've noticed they all make noise in wet and cold weather, even other gm models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts