Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GTP coupe, 2007 SE sedan(c3y)
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It’s -16 F out and I went to start my g6 and it made the most horrendous squeal sound I’ve ever heard. Que checking the belt and tensioner, belt is tight and I can still see the ink stickers. Started again, went away after a few seconds, went down the highway for a few still when in gear accelerating 2000rpm-max it makes belt squeal sounds, but will not in park or neutral. Coolant is dull orange and no pressure in surge tank hot. 127000mi. Any ideas, this is my only ride atm, and if somethings wrong I need to take time off night shift to get it into a shop, any help appreciated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That could be any accessory that the belt turns . Best to listen for area of noise if it can be replicated as a helper adds rpm while in neutral or park .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That could be any accessory that the belt turns . Best to listen for area of noise if it can be replicated as a helper adds rpm while in neutral or park .
it doesn’t make the belt whine sound in neutral or park at all

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
everything looks fine water pump compressor alternator power steering idlers, but a really bad vibration has started like it’s missing on a few cylinders, no engine lights or codes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ended up that I just lost the rear main so back burner this squeal goes, also it was in fact a bent tensioner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts