Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently acquired a 2007 Pontiac G6 3.9L with 215,000 miles. It's been sitting a while, and there's no end to the problems. None of them are big issues on their own, though, and for that I am grateful. Engine and tranny are fine for now. I am slowly putting her back together, but one thing I can't wrap my head around is why the wiper fluid spurts out and goes as far as the hood. not nearly enough pump action to get it onto the windshield. Could it be the pump itself or is it the nozzles? I have had a similar issue before on a different make/model and found that replacing the nozzle was enough, but that car wasn't squirting anything at all. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Could be crappy pump, especially since it seems to be both, or nozzles could be equally plugged. If it were me, I'd take a baby paper clip, poke around in there, and/or shoot some canned air through the nozzles before I go after a pump.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Also make sure the nozzles and tubing are not cracked, letting the majority of fluid leak (spreat) into the hood liner(I presume yours has one). When I got our 08, one nozzle was broken where the supply tube connects and the other side was cracked and ready to break. Ordered replacements thru rockauto as they had the best price I could find and trusted the site. Not a difficult chore at all to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Canned air is like toilet paper and Clorox wipes, finding any around here is like winning the lotto. I am replacing the nozzles. I will check the plumbing. I do still have the hood liner there but...I can imagine it will turn into dust the minute I try to pry it off.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It should not have to come all the way off. And you have to bring it down to change the nozzles anyway, It won't fit the hole with the Plumbing lines attached if I remember right. It is a snug fit with a slight rotation putting them in. AGE and plastic gets very brittle for the nozzles and tubing under that hot hood.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can imagine...not looking forward to it, but it must be done! =)

Anyway 10+ years is as good a service life as any!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Anyone know where I can get the wiper spray assembly as a whole replaced? My driver's side barely has pressure, so I looked under the hood and after some checking, realized that the ENTIRE line assembly for the passenger side is just flat-out missing with the nozzle having a broken bit sticking off the back. I assume it broke while someone was under the hood, so they just yanked the hose out and now that is causing driver side to have no pressure, and causing the passenger side to just, assumingly, dump wiper fluid somewhere in my car...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just as easy to go to any auto parts store and buy a long length of rubber washer hose and a tee fitting/ you can use a tape measure to the nearest 6" or so can't you? At the age these cars are, all the plastic lines are going to be rather brittle, and I'm not sure I've ever seen factory "kits" for replacement. As I posted above, I'm happy with rockauto for replacement washer nozzles.
Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I feel really dumb. My brain automatically went with "what's the proper way to do it?" but yeah, you make a good point. I'll likely do that once I get the car back from the shop for an unrelated issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I feel really dumb. My brain automatically went with "what's the proper way to do it?" but yeah, you make a good point. I'll likely do that once I get the car back from the shop for an unrelated issue. Thanks!
I assume you brought down the sound/heat pad to find this. The fluid would all soak into it

·
Registered
140 Posts
No actually. My hood didn't have it when I bought it, and also, even if it was there, it's dumping out far back. Like, the line that leads from the nozzle to the reservoir is 100% missing. So wherever it got terminated is not in the actual engine bay or in the hood. It must be behind fire wall or wherever that routing goes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Problem solved! It was the nozzles. Both nozzles male connector end broke off in the line. Line seemed intact, not brittle, but both nozzles were past their expiration point. Replaced both and works like it should again. If you go ahead and replace the line, then you need a t-connector on the driver's side and an elbow for the passenger.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Problem solved! It was the nozzles. Both nozzles male connector end broke off in the line. Line seemed intact, not brittle, but both nozzles were past their expiration point. Replaced both and works like it should again. If you go ahead and replace the line, then you need a t-connector on the driver's side and an elbow for the passenger.
Nice to hear you found the problem and that I called one right for a change. How well did your hood liner hold hp?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts