Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
-I have already seeked permission from Geewhiz to post this.

I've been looking around for a while and couldn't find anyone who makes steel braided brake lines for our platform. I know someone who can design a set for us and can manufacture them if we have a decent amount of people who are "interested" or "willing to purchase them." They will take a while to design them and stuff, but these lines will be a direct bolt on upgrade and will come with the necessary bolts, washers, brackets, clips, etc for them to fit our platform. They will be identical except for the fact that they will be SS braided. I have done so on my trailblazer ss and notice a firmer pedal and a noticeable difference in my braking performance. These lines WILL be DOT compliant and are of high quality.

I just want to get a list of names of those who would be interested in a set. If you have signed your name in another forum, please don't sign it in this list; just trying to avoid any confusion for myself.

Please note: this is a list to see who would be interested, not a group buy. But if you do not plan on buying them, please do not include your name.

These lines will come in a set for both the front and rear brakes. I will not sell them separately. The cost MAY be somewhere around $200 shipped if not less than that.

If this does go through and we go into production for these lines, all transactions will be handled through paypal to avoid any issues/scamming.

Example of lines made for my TBSS. It comes with the brackets that attach the line to the steering knuckle as the stock lines do.

Ask away with any questions or concerns!

·
Banned
211 Posts
If you can:
1) Provide proof of DOT compliance.. (Not that I care, anyways.)
2) Warranty information?
3) Who is producing these?

Stainless steel brake line kits cost me $150 each for nearly all VW/Audi makes, w/ free shipping.. Justify why a kit for a domestic car is more expensive than a kit for a Euro-import, and you can put my name on your list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cost hasn't been figured out exactly yet, but I'm saying around $200 because no one makes lines for g6's and malibus. They're going to be designed and from scratch and produced. If you can find them for $150 shipped, go for it. I will provide proof of them being compliant with DOT regulations. We are still working out warranty and pricing information. I'll get back to you as soon as I find out myself.

·
Banned
211 Posts
Cost hasn't been figured out exactly yet, but I'm saying around $200 because no one makes lines for g6's and malibus. They're going to be designed and from scratch and produced. If you can find them for $150 shipped, go for it. I will provide proof of them being compliant with DOT regulations. We are still working out warranty and pricing information. I'll get back to you as soon as I find out myself.

I can only get the stainless lines for VW/Audis/Porsches/BMWs for 150 shipped. Keep me updated on this, PM me if you want my cell #, or personal email for better correspondence.

·
Banned
211 Posts
I'm a gear head in training, so I'm trying to figure out how they would be considered a performance mod. Someone school me. Thanks.
Well, uhh.. Stainless Steel lines are similar to OEM hoses in function, but differ greatly in execution. Unlike OEM hoses, SS lines incorporate a low-compliance Teflon inner hose. In addition, instead of covering the Teflon with overmolded rubber a woven braid of Stainless Steel strands is placed over the hose for protection. As with an OEM hose, the ends are terminated with hollow fasteners to allow for the leak-free passage of brake fluid.

They are considered an upgrade because they provide; superior protection from roadway debris, SS hoses("lines) reduce expansion during pressurization. and they look cool.

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN THE REDUCED EXPANSION DURING PRESSURIZATION: As you know, any time that an object is subjected to internal pressure, it expands. The amount of expansion will be proportional to the amount of pressure present and the rigidity of the holding structure. In the case of brake hoses, we are subjecting Teflon to internal pressures as high as 3000PSI. Because the Teflon is relatively flexible (which makes it ideal for the job in one regard), it will expand under these conditions. This expansion creates additional fluid volume in the hydraulic circuit which is felt by the driver as a soft or mushy pedal.
Rubber overmolding does little to reduce expansion under pressure, as rubber is also a relatively flexible material. A woven braid of Stainless Steel, however, can greatly increase the rigidity of the hose under pressure while still allowing adequate flexibility for wheel end movement. In many cases, this reduced expansion can be felt by the driver as a firmer or more responsive brake pedal.
In addition, the reduced compliance will result in a faster transient response of the brake system. In other words, the time from the driver hitting the brake pedal until deceleration is generated will be decreased by a small amount. The benefit will vary based on each individual application, but ingeneral overall deceleration can be attained more quickly, resulting in slightly shorter stopping distances.

·
M6 G6 GTP
25 Posts
Measure your current brake lines and get them made through Kore3. You choose the fittings on both ends and the length you need from 1-6 hoses for a great price. Off the top of my head I'm going to guess it's a 10mm banjo on the caliper end and female M10 x 1 on the chassis end. Roughly 14-15" in length for the fronts - $53 bucks a pair.

http://kore3.com/products.php?cat=20

I've used Kore3 products on my Z28 and love them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts