Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have had my GTP coupe for 2 days and yesterday when I tried to start it took forever to fire up. The starter ran for about 3-4 seconds and then it fired up.
It seems to do it if the motor is warm. It has now done it 4 times since I had it. Otherwise the key just needs to be put into start and it fires up no problem.
Also does everyone's RPM and Speedo crank all the way over when you start it. Seems odd to me that it does this on every start up.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Vision said:
Just have had my GTP coupe for 2 days and yesterday when I tried to start it took forever to fire up. The starter ran for about 3-4 seconds and then it fired up.
It seems to do it if the motor is warm. It has now done it 4 times since I had it. Otherwise the key just needs to be put into start and it fires up no problem.
Also does everyone's RPM and Speedo crank all the way over when you start it. Seems odd to me that it does this on every start up.
It’s a common condition with lost of GM v6's, really all you need to do is flick the key and the car will start itself.

And to answer you're second question yes they are supposed to do that.
Everything is normal.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Vision said:
The technicial term for that is the "Cluster WOW". When it happens you are supposed to say WOW! :D

I am not kidding

·
Registered
8 Posts
From what i read you are having the same problem as me, which i think is diffrent from what Blackrider is talking about (even tho i love the tap start)
I thought it was jsut med because of my stereo so i am very soon going to replace the battery with a Yellow Top deep cycle, ill let you know if it helps any, but mine is definatly a problem.

·
Registered
142 Posts
the starting issue alot of people have had, not sure of the technical term, but theres about 4 threads on it around here! Mines done it since I got it 06 v6 sedan!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts