Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my G6 for about two years now and i'm experiencing difficulties lately with starting it...the starter is good...the battery is showing a multimeter reading of about 12-14...but when i open the doors the lights are dimmer than normal...turn the key and 'click' as all the electrical (dash displays, dome lights, headlights) will go out momentarily...i hook up the portable jumper that my dad owns...dome lights go back to normal brightness...driving i experience no problems with anything...but when it's parked and off for too long (time varies 5min worst case...2 hours best case) it will give me starting problems...could someone please give me some ideas to bounce around please? I'm about as mechanically inclined as a number 2 pencil so you may need to break some of it down barney style for me...thank you for your help

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I'd take it anywhere batteries are sold & have the batt load tested. Maybe try 2 stores as load testers are not all created equal. If it passes test pull off every big cable connection: batt posts & ground & spit shine them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts