Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a G6 coupe in July, so living in Canada it is about time to get the winter tires out. Am I able to put a standard 16" winter rim on a G6 Coupe that has stock 17" rims?? Are there differnt bolt patterns for Winter Steel Rims or will they fit on any bolt patern car?

·
Registered
70 Posts
the-pred,

The stock 16 steel rims will fit on the GTP - I have a picture sent to me last year. The old G6 forum had numerous conversations about what will fit and what won't. Maybe the moderator can dig up the old post! I believe the posters name was "miscreant." He had a matrix showing all the combinations.

Try these:
http://www.tiretrends.com/wheel_catalog.php3?wheelID=6607

Take care

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering if I can put 16" wheel on G6 that had 17" wheel stock? I am guessing no problem as long as I get them to ajust the speedometer. Is there any other car that uses the bolt pattern 5-110? I was looking for used rims and everything is 5-114 or 5-100 around here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed snows on my G6 sedan with 16'' rims.

I had problems finding a set that would fit. Supplier initially told me he had a set in stock however he ended up ordering some in for me.

The part number for G6 is apparently hidden in parts list.

I personally think you could use 16'' in place of 17'' with correct aspect tire.

Is there anything different about brake disc on a GTP ?? That could be a problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.