Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have experienced the steering lockup and the car vibration at around 60MPH has anyone had the CV joints checked?

The reason I ask is becuase I have a slight vibration begining at 50MPH all the way through to 80MPH usually only appears wehn accelerating even on a smooth road.

Balancing the tires did not fix this issue.

I have tried reserching this problem and usually the CV joints can cause a vibration and also if they are bad enough can cause steering lockup. Maybe the G6 has improper/improperly installed CV joints?

Anyway... whithout acceleration the car is perfectly smooth and I hav had no steering lockup at all. Has anyone fixed the vibration issue succesfully?

·
Registered
423 Posts
S8ER99 said:
I recently started getting a popping noise and a jerk in the wheel while turning. Its only a matter of time before I find out the cause.
now THAT sounds like 'CV Joints'!!! definitely have that looked at......

just out of curiousity, how many miles do you have on your car????

·
Registered
532 Posts
14,500 miles as of right now... popping happens everytime I turn now. No clicking while turning though... just a very hard jerk and a pop mid turn when rotating the wheel.

Almost been in several wrecks last few weeks but I always do some evasive and save my butt last minute. *Sigh* Just can't bring myself to wreck unless I absolutely can not avoid it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts