Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just had to take my 08 in for service again b/c something was odd with the steering. it was clunking anytime the steering wheel was turned right and the steering was starting to loosen up on it...and it only has 23k miles.

the dealer called me today and said that the intermediate shaft is shot, falling apart. and there is a new bulletin out from GM for the 08 models for the same problem as the previous years of g6's for the steering shafts.

so just an fyi, make sure you get your car checked for this problem if you have an 08.

· Registered
52 Posts
Any more info on this? What is the TSB number and did GM cover it? I got a 2007 G6 with 27k on it and has the steering clunk. Would like to have it taken care of before the warranty is up, but the dealer said it might not be covered.

· Registered
‘08 g6 GXP Street Edition coupe
70 Posts
i just had to take my 08 in for service again b/c something was odd with the steering. it was clunking anytime the steering wheel was turned right and the steering was starting to loosen up on it...and it only has 23k miles.

the dealer called me today and said that the intermediate shaft is shot, falling apart. and there is a new bulletin out from GM for the 08 models for the same problem as the previous years of g6's for the steering shafts.

so just an fyi, make sure you get your car checked for this problem if you have an 08.
I’m having the exact same issue with my ‘08. The guy I bought it from kept all paperwork and back in’13 he had the shaft removed, lubed and repositioned to the gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.