Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after some research i concluded this is a common problem with the G6. when i turn left or right the steering column makes a popping sound and its coming from what sounds like below the dash. I have the bushing on order and was curious if there is anything else that may need replacing?

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
yep. yep. yep.. think they refer to the inner tie rod ends.. although its not.. but that's where the busing is. Sometimes its the intermediate shaft. but not with low miles.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep. yep. yep.. think they refer to the inner tie rod ends.. although its not.. but that's where the busing is. Sometimes its the intermediate shaft. but not with low miles.
i have 37,300 mi??? maybe the dealer rolled the mileage before i bought it which every week or so i find one more thing that leads me to believe its true:mad: i'm going to replace the bushing first and just keep replacing those steering components til it stops popping. its more of a mild noise than a serious omg wtf is that so idk. trial and error i guess

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first time so bear with me. I purchased my G6 GT about 2months ago. Had some popping or thumping under front end. I took it to the dealer, they replaced steering I shaft and lube job. 2 days later, steering went out completely and there was no stopping point for the steering wheel. Luckily this happened after parking. The dealer fixed that but now there is s clicking sound when turning my steering wheel left of right. Any suggestions? My mileage is 34,000 and some change.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my first time so bear with me. I purchased my G6 GT about 2months ago. Had some popping or thumping under front end. I took it to the dealer, they replaced steering I shaft and lube job. 2 days later, steering went out completely and there was no stopping point for the steering wheel. Luckily this happened after parking. The dealer fixed that but now there is s clicking sound when turning my steering wheel left of right. Any suggestions? My mileage is 34,000 and some change.
looks like we are in the same boat. when i get my new bushing in the car i'll let you know if that helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts