Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,so my steering wheel emblem is scratched up and looks like crap thanks to my 17 year old sister who borrowed the car without my permission....anyway i've looked up new steering wheel emblems which cost about $60 on ebay,and I want an easier way. Is it possible to just pry it out of the steering wheel without the airbag deploying? I dont want to go through the steps of removing the whole airbag module because i don't know what i'm doing,what i'd like is to hear from someone who's personally gotten it out of there and spray painted or something with little effort. ANY help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
probably. Its just tin with prongs.

I actually have a spare if you have a 3 spoke wheel and will take half that
but here is the problem- to install correctly your still going to have to pull the
airbag off and take the skin off. Put it on and bend the prongs then put it back on and snap the bag back into the steering wheel.

To do it correctly that is....I guess you could always cut the prongs and glue it on....

·
5,352 Posts
Good thinking! The emblem is 3D so the dart would show through...unless you had a dart on the overlay. That would be a cheaper fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Lampoon i would love to take that off your hands! how would I send payment? can you send a paypal invoice?

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
17 year old sister huh?? go on...

·
5,352 Posts
gren.....I had someone else ask me about it. I told them u asked for it first.
If you dont want it anymore thats cool just let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts