Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should I do...I have a 06 G6 with 21,000 miles...and the steering wheel makes a clunking sound, and seem to lock up when parked, esp. in tight spots or when parallel parked.....has anyone ever experienced this? what do I do?:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
im not an expert. is it a loud cluck or kind of a click?

if i had to say the problem i would think it was the steering column. or possibly the drive shaft. if it is still under warranty i would send it in to a gm repair shop. usually the dealership you bought it at. have them look at it and fix the problem.

if the warranty is out on the car then i would still send it in. tell the dealership your problem and ask them too see if they can find anything wrong. tell them to also call you before they start working on the car to fix the problem. there might be a little service fee but its worth finding out what is wrong with the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have read all the threads about steering lock up and cluncking. All of the problems have been on `05 & `06 models. My wifes car has the same symptoms but her car is an `07. I have it booked into the stealership to look at the problem but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue on an `07?
Cheers,
Lager

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have read all the threads about steering lock up and cluncking. All of the problems have been on `05 & `06 models. My wifes car has the same symptoms but her car is an `07. I have it booked into the stealership to look at the problem but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue on an `07?
Cheers,
Lager
The steering lock up problem only applies to models with the Electric Power Steering system. There was an investigation and the case has been closed.
I don't know what is conclusion was.

The clunking problem applies to all G6s regardless of model year. GM does not have a permanent fix yet. I experienced it with my '07 also. The dealer fixed it according to the TSB. So far it worked for me. But some people had to bring it in mulitple times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts