Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been a longtime reader of this forum and this is my first post. I hope to get some help. I upgraded the steering wheel on my wife's car. She has a base model 2.4L. I made sure I had the correct wires according to the following thread found here,

Steering Wheel Upgrade | Pontiac G6 Forum (g6ownersclub.com)

Now the cruise control works, but the radio control do work but not correctly. The volume works. When I press the 1-5 button it turns on my CD player and then if I keep pressing it, this will skip tracks. From what I read on the other forum thread is that to correct this issue you have to take it to the dealer to get the features enabled and corrected. I took it to the dealer and they had no clue what to do. So I am asking the community for help. If anyone knows the process on the tech2 that fixes the radio buttons, I'd appreciate it. This way I can take it to the dealer and hand them the instructions on how to do this. I have uploaded a picture of the old steering wheel, the new one I upgraded to and my current OEM radio that is in the car. Again, thank you all for your time! Todd

·
Registered
659 Posts
I do not know how it is done, but I am guessing they need to flash the firmware to support RPO Code UK3. I believe this is the code for the controls on the steering wheel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I will try to tell them this when I try again. I wish there was someone that has a tech2 I could use near Warren, MI. It would make life easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts