Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anyone have a diagram or pictures of the steering wheel radio control unit taken off the steering wheel itself?
I need to replace mine, and I don't want to break one while taking it off another car, nor break mine in case I keep it.
The volume up and down buttons do not work, but the station/cd track buttons do work. I was told $40 from the dealer to buy a new one, but think I can get one cheaper from a wrecker.

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok, I will be making a post about this, but here are some from an 07 Malibu and the cruise buttons from an 09.5 G6 on right:

Here they are mounted on one side:

and the other:

There is just one phillips head screw to remove and the panel just slides out towards the center with a little wiggling once the airbag is out of the way. The Horn relay plate can be removed to make it easier, but not necessary. It removes with 3 either T20 or T25 (probably T25) torx and unplug the connection.

Here is with the Horn Relay/Airbag mount in:

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's excellent, exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks so much :)

Ok, I will be making a post about this, but here are some from an 07 Malibu and the cruise buttons from an 09.5 G6 on right:

Here they are mounted on one side:

and the other:

There is just one phillips head screw to remove and the panel just slides out towards the center with a little wiggling once the airbag is out of the way. The Horn relay plate can be removed to make it easier, but not necessary. It removes with 3 either T20 or T25 (probably T25) torx and unplug the connection.

Here is with the Horn Relay/Airbag mount in:

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts