Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new I just bought a 2006 Pontiac G6 GT V6 3.5 L very happy with it just wondering if anybody knows how to reset the odometer there’s no buttons on the right side of the steering wheel I’m wondering why I can’t do anything please let me know thank you Donny

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome. What I would understand as "resetting the odometer" would be considered illegal in most countries that I am aware of. Perhaps you mean the trip meter which can be found and reset on the Driver Information Center (DIC) built into the car radio. You will find options for trip counters, fuel consumption, oil life remaining + options to turn optional features on and off (like remote start if available on your model). Hope this helps or feel free to correct my assumption if I have understood the question incorrectly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help I meant the trip omotor I’m looking for a disk centre hub for one of the mag wheels and also on the drivers door the red this there are the covers the light thanks for your reply I appreciate it have a good one D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi it’sTuesday afternoon I have a 2006 Pontiac G6GT V6 3.5 L has an automatic start but when you push the button doesn’t work any ideas let me know thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did you hit the door lock button FIRST and then after the lights or horn flash(by way of your presets), then press the start button?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 V6 GT 3.5 L it has a power start but doesn’t workI have an engine light on the dash is that the problem any suggestions would be great thank you

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, if the engine light is on the dash, the remote start won't operate.
After you fix that, make sure remote start is enabled on the DIC.
And Rebel was correct, you need to lock the door with the remote first and then hit the remote start button.

·
Registered
91 Posts
go to your local AutoZone , Advance Auto or such part store... they will scan your cars computer for free (they will try to sell you suggested repair parts), then write down the code(s) they find and post them here for a better response as to what may be wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts