Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front bumper was clipped and I have a deployed air bag..Does anyone know exactly what I need and where to get it at a good price to fix this issue? The dealer could be a bit too pricey...

Also, I have a 2005 G6, and my steering wheel is so flipping ugly. Does anyone know if the newer G6 steering wheels are compatible with mine? I only have the cruise controls on it...I was thinking of upgrading to the newer ones while I have to replace the air bag...

Radio: Can I upgrade my stock radio with a after market radio and still some how keep the on board computer info? Or am I stuck with this stock radio that does not work properly (no AM and CD player broke)?

Thanks for all your help

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Nm??

awwwwwwwwww

I dont know where you could fix your bumper. have you pulled it off to see whats damaged beneath it?

yes the 3 spoke will fit on your car. The airbag is about $400 and the steering wheel and controls are less than $100. You will need to check your wiring on the other side of your coil to see if it will support the 8 wires needed for controls (Many threads on this).

You can update your radio with a new take out 08+ and get an aux to keep your DIC or you can get an aftermarket and a metra or scorch (sp?) kit to keep your DIC with an aftermarket radio (lots of threads on this too).

Look at the SCOSCHE GM1593B or METRA 99-3303.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great info and I like the reference threads you posted...

Nm??

awwwwwwwwww

I dont know where you could fix your bumper. have you pulled it off to see whats damaged beneath it?

yes the 3 spoke will fit on your car. The airbag is about $400 and the steering wheel and controls are less than $100. You will need to check your wiring on the other side of your coil to see if it will support the 8 wires needed for controls (Many threads on this).

You can update your radio with a new take out 08+ and get an aux to keep your DIC or you can get an aftermarket and a metra or scorch (sp?) kit to keep your DIC with an aftermarket radio (lots of threads on this too).

Look at the SCOSCHE GM1593B or METRA 99-3303.

I gotta learn how to use this forum, good stuff...My bumper is ok, just minor flaws..My air bag and stero needs attention..I actually like the stock system although I would like a ipod hook up and XM/Sirus hook ups..Also would like my cd player to work..It might be cheaper to look for another stock radio to replace mine..

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
thats what i did when my 6 cd changer died. i replaced it with an 08 single CD with the Aux.

No changer to break. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was the newer stereo double din too? Or did you need that kit for install? Also, I assume a newer stock radio has the info center and everything is compatible?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
08 and 09 radios have the DIC. You will need a dealership's tech2 to program it to your car though. Yes its combatible. The 09.5 bowtie radio is not backward application compatible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"The 09.5 bowtie radio is not backward application compatible."

I lost you here. I guess our OEM stereo is backward app? So they're not compatible with the 09's?

I see a 08 stereo on ebay but it looks nothing like my current stereo.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
They changed the radio with the new 2009.5 Pontiac G6.
This new radio does not work on previous models because of how it
talks to the car. Its all different.

The 2008 and 2009 G6 radios have the Aux and they will work in the 2005, 2006 and
2007 model G6's.

Clear as mud?

I dont know what your looking at on eBay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OEM Stereo

I have a Early 09 G6 GT But on his question with a new Stereo If you want the 2009.5 Could you just change out your Cluster Assembley and your crusie switch and add the new crusise switch and cluster along with tying the wiring for the DIC of the old Radio and get a totally new radio or aftermarket radio such as a navi double din indash radio?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roger that..

They changed the radio with the new 2009.5 Pontiac G6.
This new radio does not work on previous models because of how it
talks to the car. Its all different.

The 2008 and 2009 G6 radios have the Aux and they will work in the 2005, 2006 and
2007 model G6's.

Clear as mud?

I dont know what your looking at on eBay.
Super clear on that...

Here is the unit I'm checking out on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-C...c0.m245&_trkparms=65:12|39:1|72:1171|240:1318

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
That one will not work.

You shuld see the 09.5's...they have USB etc....I wish it would work but a programmer said
you would have to change out BCM's and something else and if you did that it may not understand your car or even work. Basically it is run and programmed totally different.

Sooooo the 05-09 radios can be mixed up (with programming) but thats it. The 09.5+ is a different animal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.