Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all - new to the site - cheers! it's exactly what I have been looking for!

Wondering if anyone has done this yet. I'm going to install a line output converter in the ride (2005 G6 GT) so I can wire up an amp and subs.

Anyone tackled pulling their stereo yet? How do I get the head unit out?

While we're at it where is the hole in the fire wall located?

Thx.

SBM -

·
Registered
152 Posts
I replaced my stock radio.. it wasn't too hard.. just have to take alot out inorder to put alittle thing in.. also I have two 12's in the trunk.. ran a 4 guage powerline through the firewall.. i'm not sure where at in the firewall b/c i had a shop do that part..

·
Registered
304 Posts
"I replaced my stock radio"

How about some pics!! What brand, specs ect.
Why did you replace it?
We want to know all the answers!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stereo!

Damn, I read a little further and realized that there is a section for Stereo and Components....Duh....

Anyways thanks Guys, I Didn't know about the amp...I'm going to look tonight...

I think I'm going to have to run another one for the sub (That I don't own yet) We are making a fiberglass box right now...it's not easy I guess...my buddy is big in the Stereo game. His system is awesome. Custom Fiberglass box with the 2 12" Audiobahn's sitting on an angle at each other.

Sweet set up....He just put Neon underneath too....oh by the way it's not a G6 he has an RSX.

Going to check out the Amp now....

Later

Cheers.

; )

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Amp in Trunk

Ok, I checked so is the Amp the little black box behind the carpet? With the 2 wire harnesses?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amp

I checked on the Passenger side at the rear of the trunk...towards the Tails...You will have to excuse me...It was dark.

All I could find was a small black box....now I didn't pull the carpet out fully...is it closer to the back seats?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts