Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. I have searched and searched but cannot find this. I am looking to upgrade the stock stereo to a Kenwood DDX470 double din with touchscreen etc.

My question is - is it possible to relocate the stock stereo and still use it for the dic while installing the new stereo into the dash? Ive looked all over this and everyone just jumps to the metra 99-3303 kit which I will be buying if I cant figure this out. I have found relocation kits for the Grand Am, Malibu, Impala, about everything but what I need. Will the Metra 70-2103t relocation kit work for this situation? If I had to wire it myself what would it take?

I am also looking into the iDatalink systems. They are supposed to transfer all of that information into the aftermarket stereo. I know that that Kenwood will work with an iDatalink system but dont know if the iDatalink will work with the GM DIC. Does anyone know?

My car is a 2006 G6 v6 without monsoon or onstar. It has the base model single disc stereo with tweeters.

·
G6ADDICT
416 Posts
the metra kit is your best bet. and this would work alot better than relocating you current strereo because its so big and bulky, the metra kit is rather small and can be easily trimed down smaller. and there really isnt any wiring, just plug and play. only wiring youll have to do is you new double dins wiring harness

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I agree the Metra 99-3303 is the best way to go but there definitely is more wiring than just hooking the new DDIN harness. Since it won't fit in the dash with the new headunit all the wires on the metra will have to be cut and extended so that you can relocate the metra somewhere else (glovebox, center console, etc.). Relocating the factory radio is a lot of work and a lot of wiring.

I looked at the iDatalink site and I don't see anything that suggests it will retain the DIC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm.. I asked them too at idatalink and havent got a response. I know that they have one that works with the ford sync setup. I am sure that if they make one for this car I wouldnt be the only one interested in it... lol

I will probably just end up settling for the metra kit like everyone else :/ Was just hoping I could save some money by relocating the stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts