Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
G6 Fun-Fan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Has anybody noticed that the G6 steering wheel is tougher to turn than other cars? I don't remember my Grand Prix being this stiff. Maybe it's a Pontiac thing... I don't know. I have an '06 3500 G6. If anybody has had this fixed or has found a reason for this, please post back! At any rate, I love my G6!

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 2006 GT is too easy to turn. I actually don't like how easy it is with the electronic power steering.

·
G6 Fun-Fan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, really?? I will definitely have that checked out, then. Mine seems tougher than any other vehicle I've driven. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I found a difference between my old 2002 grand prix and this car..... but, it wasn't a bad difference, but rather a welcome change.

Steering might seem harder but it is more fluid and concise. Perhaps you're just thinking it is harder by comparison to an older vehicle.

Tho if you think you're having issues, bring it in. Don't mess about with steering.

·
G6 Fun-Fan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the posts on here, you guys. After reading all of them and requesting to drive several of my friends' cars, I have found that I do prefer the steering on my G6 compared to the other cars.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My sister has an 07 G6 and her steering is really hard. I have an 06 and mine is pretty easy. I'm sure both have their pros and cons, but hers seems to be too hard. I don't know what would cause the differences. It's not to the point of power-steering being out, but it feels a lot closer to that than my car...

·
Midnight Hiker
41 Posts
Compared to one of my last cars, 06 Monte Carlo, yes this steering is stiff...I could zoom down my curvy street with one finger, now with my 09 G6 it really feels tighter, like I am always fighting the wheel...it really wants to center itself...I find my arms are tired after long drives.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Steering Actually Locked Up When I Hit The Remote Start And With The Key Inserted! That's Only Happened Twice Tho!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called GM about my 2006 G6 power steering. They blew me off. I had to spend over 700 dollars to get it fix. They act like they don't know about it. What happens is that the power steering will apear on when first start the car and go away and eventually the steering wheel will jerk and rattle all by itself and then power steering will go in and out. I made a complaint with NHTSA- 1-888-327-4236 . If you have the same problem please call NHTSA. This needs to be recalled!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts