Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the dealer to get my OEM keyless remote programmed. The service person said my 2005 G6 didn't come with a security system or keyless system.
Yet, everytime I go in my car, the horn starts honking.

After the service guy heard the horn, he then said it's a after market alarm. I'm not so sure he's right.

Any way besides looking up my vin #, to tell if I do indeed have OEM keyless alarm or after market? All the after market alarms I have ever had on my cars have never had the horn beep. Those have always been OEM systems...Anyways, I'm trying to find out if this service person knows what he is talking about..

Thanks

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
So, do you have a remote? Does it look like one of these? If so, I would say it has it but its not programed right. Why have the key if the car doesn't have the system? The key remotes are pretty expensive about $100 each.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Lampoon said:
Look at your SPID label in your glovebox.
It has about 30 or so RPO codes on it.
If it has the RPO code "AP3," then your G6 has the Remote Vehicle Starter System.
Remotes are dirt cheap on eBay but they will need programming along with your car if it has the guts to accept it (RPO code).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.