Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SimplyRed said:
well what kind of problems...?
the music that burned from my computer won't play on my cd player i already set it at a low speed when I burned my music so don't know what is the problem here!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lets not get into that discussion again haha... make sure its not a "MP3/Data Disc" (make sure your doing a music cd and not an mp3 or data cd) and also make sure that you are finalizing the cd!

·
Registered
22 Posts
So your just burning direct copies of music cd's and having problems. Try a different program with a different burn engine (nero works great for mine) or switch brand of CD-R. My stock player will display the text burnt from converted mp3 files with no troubles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the owner's manual it says that that the Cd player could have trouble playing ripped Cds, and I know that mine does, with one particular CD of mine..my other ripped ones are ok though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's possible that your HU could be faulty. Laser slightly out of alignment or something like that. I've yet to play a burnt CD and have it fail. I burn at 52x or 48x and have used 4 or 5 different CD manufacturers. Basically I buy the cheapest brand that's on sale. No problems so far on the stock HU.

·
Registered
107 Posts
All the CDs I have in my car are copies of the originals I keep at home (learned this the hard way after having them jacked out of my old car).

I haven't had a problem getting any of them to play.

*Edit: I've noticed on one CD the player will actually display Artist, Album, and Song titles. Ben Fold's Five - Unauthorize Biography of Reinhold Messner. Haven't even run through half of my collection yet but this has been the only one so far. Anyone know what's special about it?

·
Registered
140 Posts
That CD is made by Sony or a Sony affiliate?

Sony has CD-Text on all of their Cd's. If you are using a burning program to copy CD's, you should be able to save the CD-TEXT to the burned copy if you select it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
TLS2000 said:
That CD is made by Sony or a Sony affiliate?

Sony has CD-Text on all of their Cd's. If you are using a burning program to copy CD's, you should be able to save the CD-TEXT to the burned copy if you select it.
Good to know. How come everyone doesn't do this? I've often asked myself that question. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to do and the amount of data it would take up on the cd would be miniscule. Very few retail CDs actually use up all the space on a CD anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nero

If you burn music using Windows media player it will not play on your factory player. I always use Nero and it works wonderful. It displays the artist and song title on the head unit. Also DO NOT put a paper label on the CD as this can cause the disc to get stuck in the unit. The cause of this is that the extra thickness of the of the label added to the CD causing it to be jammed in the player.
If anyone knows how to get a stuck CD out please let me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts