Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock G6 with the 2.4L 4 in it I am averaging 31.1 MPGs around town and I was wondering if a cool air intake and a chip would make it beater and any other suggestions but most of all if anyone could point me in the right direction to find stuff I seem to be unable to find anything for my ride

· 2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
You'll want a crab intake, and you'll have to talk to lampoon for that. I think you mean 21.1 around town. Because i get about 20.6 around town. And a chip doesn't do too much for a g6 2.4l, as for as i know, dont quote me on that.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i mean 31.1 is what is on my screen in the car under average MPG I am very light on the gas and cost allot also I was wondering if that ram air hood actually makes any difference but Manley I am looking for modes that will make it get beater MPG would a high flow exsust help or a small turbo some people told me they got beater MPGS putting a small turbo on I think it is all in your driving style you know lead footed or not

· Premium Member
643 Posts
I hope you don't waste you money on the CAI or CRABS. They DO NOT work on the 2.4 there's a thread above about that.

A tune would probably be the best for the 2.4. Turbos don't work quite the way you're thinking, it requires a ton of retrofitting and it's not even proven that it works yet.

· CrAzY Moderator
1,116 Posts

· Varsity Squad
751 Posts
You'll want a crab intake, and you'll have to talk to lampoon for that. I think you mean 21.1 around town. Because i get about 20.6 around town. And a chip doesn't do too much for a g6 2.4l, as for as i know, dont quote me on that.
20.6 around town, must be full throttle everywhere! I get like 22.5 around town and usually around 30 on the HWY.

As for the 4 banger getting 31.1 around town, I would figure out a way to route the intake into either the bumper or find a cold air intake, maybe put an exhaust on it. I believe those two mods will help the most for better fuel efficency. Only worry about a tune if your CEL comes on from your intake. Don't think the Tune is worth it on a 4cyl.

· Premium Member
643 Posts
how could one change the finale drive ratio with out screwing up the cruse control
The only real way to change the gear ratios is, I believe, through a tune. It shouldn't screw up your cruise control

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.