Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my girlfriend a MP3 cd to play in our radio. Later on she told me her car stock radio could play MP3, she has a 03 ford focus. I tried it and it did so i was thinkin it should play in mine, if a ford focus could a G6 has to be abole to. I was rong so im a lttle mad, im going to putt a after market radio in SOON. :eek: :mad:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I made my girlfriend a MP3 cd to play in our radio. Later on she told me her car stock radio could play MP3, she has a 03 ford focus. I tried it and it did so i was thinkin it should play in mine, if a ford focus could a G6 has to be abole to. I was rong so im a lttle mad, im going to putt a after market radio in SOON. :eek: :mad:
yeah i totaly agree with the ipod idea ... cuz the stock G6 radio sounds great and there's not that many aftermarket cd/mp3 players that could match that ... so ... i'd leave it there and get an iPod or some sort of mp3 player ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do yourself a favor and at least check out an iPod interface unit by AXXESS. I've seen good reviews and I'm getting one for $230, that's including installation. Otherwise if you get something aftermarket that's going to be comparable, especially if you want one XM ready, you're gonna spend some serious cash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What about another MP3 player that is NOT an ipod - I've had two iPods, and I am done with the Apple propitiatory hardware, OS, and connector. All I want to do is be able to change the battery. Anyhow, enough of my woes - the question I have ... what about other MP3 Players. what about USB drives or USB devices... surely there is an adapter. Any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The integration unit I mentioned also allows you to have an aux port that you can plug a standard MP3 player in to. You can have the jack installed almost anywhere and just use a male/male cord when you want to use it. Control is at the MP3 player instead of the head unit. You're still going to spend a couple hundred, but as I said before it's better than dealing with crappy modulators or spending big bucks for a new system. Of course that's merely my opinion and you know what they say about those. I get my interface installed on Monday (with iPod and MP3 options), I'll let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The integration unit I mentioned also allows you to have an aux port that you can plug a standard MP3 player in to. You can have the jack installed almost anywhere and just use a male/male cord when you want to use it. Control is at the MP3 player instead of the head unit. You're still going to spend a couple hundred, but as I said before it's better than dealing with crappy modulators or spending big bucks for a new system. Of course that's merely my opinion and you know what they say about those. I get my interface installed on Monday (with iPod and MP3 options), I'll let everyone know how it goes.
So? Was it worth it? Does it work? I WON'T go iPod, but I do have a bluetooth MP3 that also has mini usb connection. So I am anxious to hear about the AXXESS installations

Thanks
Eddie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got it installed the other day and yes it was worth it to me. I got the aux port too and I actually like using that better because it's easier and faster. I'm not the type to leave my iPod in the car anyway so with the aux and the cord I don't have to keep putting it in and out of the glove box. You can plug into the iPod jack and run it from the head until but it's kind of a pain. It works great and no more CD's or crappy FM modulators!

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
i have a 06 g6 with the 6 disk changer and it will play mp3 cd it... is it because of the upgraded radio or what?
I also have a 06 and for some reason it will only play some mp3 disks. They don't have any wma formats on it. I think only the monsoon radios will play mp3's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts