Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys anyone know where I can get a pair of Rear Stock Monsoon Speakers for my 2006 GT? They're both blown :( So any help would be really appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where's the 'Thank' Button on this thing? Cause I'd like to thank waterfowler for this!:D Thanks man I deeply appreciate it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where's the 'Thank' Button on this thing? Cause I'd like to thank waterfowler for this!:D Thanks man I deeply appreciate it!
i was wondering if anyone would have an answer i replaced 2 new rear speakers and there should only be 2 wires to connect and there was four, and also when set it on rear theres very little sound?????????

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
you have monsoon. 2 wires for mid/highs and 2 for lows. not sure why there is little sound. maybe because you are on the High wires?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was wondering if anyone would have an answer i replaced 2 new rear speakers and there should only be 2 wires to connect and there was four, and also when set it on rear theres very little sound?????????
i did the exact same thing, and the speakers i put weren't nowhere as good as the stock monsoon ones.I had to change the 2 wires into different holes because like you said, there's 4 when the speakers i put in had 2, so i was just messing around with it. Very very confusing :S

Any fixes or workaround so that with the 2 wires i can like in a way merge the wires and make 2 out of the 4? I think im just being confusing but oh well maybe one of you guys understands me...

·
4,061 Posts
yeah i understand but i think youll run into trouble because the four wires are coming out of the monsoon already so seeing that two are for mid range and two are for tweeters you really might be better off just using two of them depending on what speakers your installing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah that's what my uncle told me, he said that since there is 4 wires, you'll have to decide whether you want more bass or more treble since the new speakers only have 2 wires. But the stock monsoons are like 1000 times better than the new speakers i was about to install, so i stuck to my semi-blown monsoon speakers :)

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
You could go with something like this and cut the wire running to the mid tweet and tweet and hook that to your high wires and run the low wire to just the 6x9

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nevermind guys! I went to the junk yard and found the whole working monsoon set from an 05 GT!:D Got it all for $40 :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
FYI...I just came from the car audio store down the road....looking for bass and to upgrade the front stage.

Apparently you cannot just use standard speakers on this car. Pontiac used 2ohm speakers and if you buy the standard 4ohm you basically have half the output you did before. That might explain your loss of sound.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ZarkSniper, after months of online research and talking to several car audio stores, that's the most intelligent thing I've heard. Thank you. You just restarted my quest to get these things working again. Off to find 2 ohm speakers now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only 2 ohm speakers I've been able to find are from Infinity and JBL.
For future reference, I think the best thing to do is buy an adapter plate that will hold a 5.25" or 6.5" woofer and one tweeter in a 6x9 location. Then you can use all four wires. That's what I'm going to try next.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sony Explode 6x9's are four ways, I have them in my car, yes you may have to slice into the wiring to get them to work properly but they will play just as loud if not louder when they are installed, I have them in my 08 G6 GT right now and I love them and the only costed me $40 for the pair and they are 460 watt max a piece.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts