Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, right now I have stock speakers but I have a ten inch Punch sub that I can add, but is it worth it?

Stock speakers sound great as is and I really don't want screw that up.

This may sound like a dumb question, but what are the stock speakers?
Are they just made by Pontiac or are they monsoon, sony, polk, or.. something else.

I have the Pontiac G6 V6.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Just some paper stocks.

They really aren't that great.... just have decent tweeters and the 6x9's carry bass because of their size.

And you can add a sub easily without screwing things up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just some paper stocks.

They really aren't that great.... just have decent tweeters and the 6x9's carry bass because of their size.

And you can add a sub easily without screwing things up.
True, but they are better than most stock systems I have heard,
and I will have to pay for them to install the sub (connect to stereo) and I am poor. Hahah

·
Registered
462 Posts
True, but they are better than most stock systems I have heard,
The stock system is not bad but I wouldn't say it's better than most other stock systems. I played my CD in some of the other cars and they sounded just as good or better in their own way. When I played it in some of the more luxury cars, it definitely sounded a lot better in their stock system.

The stock system in my base G6 has deep bass but seemed a bit lacking in the mid-range.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stock system is not bad but I wouldn't say it's better than most other stock systems. I played my CD in some of the other cars and they sounded just as good or better in their own way. When I played it in some of the more luxury cars, it definitely sounded a lot better in their stock system.

The stock system in my base G6 has deep bass but seemed a bit lacking in the mid-range.
Yeah, I agree. I bet any Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes would kick butt in the sound quality.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My stock system sucks, i have some Pioneer Premiere door speakers that i ordered from sonicelectronix.com on the way, can't wait to install them. I dont know how to get those 6x9's out of the rear deck though, once i find out i will be replacing those as well

·
4,060 Posts
My stock system sucks, i have some Pioneer Premiere door speakers that i ordered from sonicelectronix.com on the way, can't wait to install them. I dont know how to get those 6x9's out of the rear deck though, once i find out i will be replacing those as well
I havnt taken em out yet either but I hear its a real PITA I hear you gotta take out the whole rear deck... As far as adding a sub I just added a couple and amp this weekend, I used the "MTX RE-Q" works perfect and very easy to install just tap into stock speakers, then run it to power and remote and its done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts