Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime in the last couple of weeks the chrome "deflector" that sits over the low beam headlight has popped off and is laying inside the headlight housing. Anyone have any clue if it can be repaired? It's possible I might be able to use long needlenose pliers and retrieve it via the bulb opening but I'm not sure I'd be able to reattach it without cracking open the headlight housing and I would think that would break the seal and lead to no good down the road. Not sure if it even serves any real purpose to be honest so I might just leave well enough alone.

I should add that I discovered it this afternoon...2 hours after my car rolled past 36,000 miles. Of course! :rolleyes:

· Da.v3
597 Posts
eeks. it will be a REAL bitch. they are hard to take apart.......search the forums on how to...if its older - 06 or before its easy-er....

· Da.v3
597 Posts
eeks, no warranty? id take it in. ive never tried but apparently its near impossible to open 06+ without messing it up ( cracking ect )

that little knob i would assume has some adhesive or something that was holding it on, if not was a solid piece of plastic....sounds like a defect or something. that sucks

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
That happened to mine a while back. I've been waiting till I had a better reason to remove the headlamp assemblies before I tried to repair it. I bought the Halogen Ultras, I plan to remove the lamps this weekend to install the bulbs and try to fix the reflector.
We'll see!

· Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happened to mine not too long after I bought it from the dealership. I've been driving around with it off for probably a year or so now.. I'm still under warranty, I just haven't had time to drive back to the city and take it up there. It does make a difference with your lights though, the one with the piece popped off I think shines down and not as straight forward as the other one.

· Da.v3
597 Posts
wouldnt it make it like a high beam....?

· Da.v3
597 Posts
could get a ticket for that...here in canada anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.