Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new to forums and I need a little help understanding the bolts that connect the strut to the steering knuckle.

Ok , so im in the process of replacing my front struts and I noticed on the right (passenger) side there are two bolts holding the strut to the steering knuckle. One of the bolts however , the lower one , is a weird oval shaped bolt that wasnt the same as the the top one. I just ordered some replacement bolts from the dealer since I broke one on the drivers side, and dont know if this oval shaped bolt should even be in ther or if someone jst jammed a random one in there at some point. This is my first time changing any struts and I have purchased some quickstruts for this first job. Also any tips on removing the oval shaped bolt I cant seem to pound it out like the top bolt . Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, ill check it out . One more question, on my g6 only one of the bolts was the oval shaped bolt shown in your vehicle the others were exactly like the picture attached would it matter if I replaced the oval one with ones I ordered from gm. Assuming they where like the ones in the picture too. Someone told me I had to have the ival shaped bolt in the to adjust for camber but wouldnt these bolts serve the same purpose ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts