Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning/afternoon/evening fellow G6 Owners,

Looking to get the Eibach lowering springs... and in the process Im going to get new struts. I've found a couple on Ebay that seem to fulfill my needs here. But the probably is that they are selling them as singles. So I was wondering if there is anybody out there that maybe has ordered or has plans on ordering new struts and could give me some advice?

Im not going to say that im looking for cheap, but less money spent is good.

P.S. I've looked around a little bit and just haven't gotten my questions answered.

·
IT'S BAD ASS IN BLACK!!!!
135 Posts
OEM..Monroe...KYB,,,next step up. I put KYB's on my 85 Corvette. If your not planning on having your vehicle more than 2 more years, go with Monroe...

·
IT'S BAD ASS IN BLACK!!!!
135 Posts
Here is what Monroe states...

Monroe offers the Sensa Trac for your application. Sensa-Trac units are
premium units designed to give you more comfort than the factory shock; however they utilize "Control Zones" at the top and bottom of the unit which help prevent topping and bottoming of the suspension during adverse road conditions.

KYB Videos....
http://www.kyb.com/videos/index.php

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OEM..Monroe...KYB,,,next step up. I put KYB's on my 85 Corvette. If your not planning on having your vehicle more than 2 more years, go with Monroe...
So if I plan on keeping my car for more than 2 years... go with OEM? or KYB?

I guess what I'm really asking here is am I going to need to get new struts sooner simply because I got new springs?

Sort of new when it comes to suspension.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
you can keep the stock shocks, I did. but they will be preloaded a little bit because the car is lower. And they won't last forever obviously. The right way to do it is to find shocks that are actually shorter so they'll sit at your lowered ride height. but for these cars I don't know where to go with that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's kind of what my thoughts were. So the OEM struts should be fine. And if they start to go out just replace them with normal OEM ones. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts