Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with squeaky struts? I don't think they're bad because i pushed pushed down on the hood and the car didn't bounce what else could it be?

It's an 07 g6 gt sedan

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Does it sound almost like a chirping as you go over bumps? Like a higher pitched squeak? If so then I agree with it being the brake cables. The metal clip on each side that holds the cable just forward of the brakes tends to move just enough to get annoying. You can pack some grease in there to silence it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes cruisin exactly, mostly when i go over bumps. Im also having a problem with my brake lights staying on when im not braking and i just had my brake pedal sensor replaced?

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G6 GT coupe 3.5L V6
27 Posts
Have someone else push down onto the vehicle while you look down in the engine bay at your suspension parts such as your stabilizer bar. Do this on both sides of the car till you find the issue.
I had to do this with my brother, and we found out the squeaking I been hearing was my front stabilizer bar bushing. I have to drop the whole subframe to replace them. Which sucks....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts