Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I recently got my car serviced at a different center because the one i used to go to closed, and they put a big ugly black dealer decal over the spot where my old one was. The original dealer I leased my car from closed also. I want to remove it!! I know since the new decal was put on today it will be easy to get off, but I had the original one on for 2 years (didn't bother me because it was a light gray color and not very noticable) and im worried that the adhesive from the original one will not come off.....any advice??? :confused:

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
Ok, so they put their company logo on your car "where you didn't buy it" without your permission? I'd make them remove it or press charges for defacing your car. Your getting it serviced, not decorated with stickers.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Ok, so they put their company logo on your car "where you didn't buy it" without your permission? I'd make them remove it or press charges for defacing your car. Your getting it serviced, not decorated with stickers.
Goof-off should do the trick for the adhesive
That should do it but I'm with maykevin,
I'm a bit of a shit starter with personal issues so don't do what I would do, which is:D, drive back up to that dealer and stick a big sticker (you can get them from office depot) that says "FREE ASS PHUCKING FROM THE SERVICE MANAGER". Once you get their attention, and I'm sure you will, they will more than likely ask you "WTF are you doing?" You can simply state that you thought it was okay to put stikers anywhere you wanted since they did it on your car and you'll remove your advertisement as soon as they remove theirs.
As you may have guessed "I CANNOT STAND DEALER DECALS!!!"

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
When I changed out my 3.55's for 4.10's this past Saturday the performance shop stuck their sticker on my back window. Like I wouldnt notice. I ripped it off at a burger joints parking lot on the way home. They are easy to peel off. If there is glue left
then Goo Gone works wonders. Just be sure and clean it off good & wax as that stuff removes wax too.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
3M adhesive remover works to. Like he said take it back to the dealer show them the sticker ask them if you bought it there when they tell you no then ask them why they stuck there sticker on your car. then process that the need to have it removed and for the reason that it will remove wax i would have them detail it as well.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I disagree.
Just remove it and dont say a thing if you plan on using that dealership in the future.
Know when to fight your battles and a sticker wont be worth it down the road when
you need something from them. Just use your fingernail and pull it off.
Then get over it.... Life is short. Dont dwell on stickers or waste gas and time trying to change business' procedures.

You might mention - the next time you take it in -"please dont waste your time stickering my car again as I will pull it off before I leave with the car."

When I bought my wifes car they said that they had to sticker it *by their procedures*.
I told them that I would remove it there in their parking lot of the dealership before I left with the car so they didnt do it. It wasnt an asss chewing....just a fact and they avoided an embarassing situation by refraining. lol

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I disagree.
Just remove it and dont say a thing if you plan on using that dealership in the future.
Know when to fight your battles and a sticker wont be worth it down the road when
you need something from them. Just use your fingernail and pull it off.
Then get over it.... Life is short. Dont dwell on stickers or waste gas and time trying to change business' procedures.

You might mention - the next time you take it in -"please dont waste your time stickering my car again as I will pull it off before I leave with the car."

When I bought my wifes car they said that they had to sticker it *by their procedures*.
I told them that I would remove it there in their parking lot of the dealership before I left with the car so they didnt do it. It wasnt an asss chewing....just a fact and they avoided an embarassing situation by refraining. lol
You're a bigger man than me Robert. IMO, Car dealers make a lot of money by drifting into the lower end of morals and integrity and taking advantage of people that simply "don't know". I can give them the benefit of the doubt on some issues, as I have in the past and will in the future, but it seems they are as disrespectful as they are greedy. Being greedy in itself isn't a bad concept but being greedy at the expense of others isn't even considered civilized. Infringe on them just once and they start throwing legal documents at you.
You do have a very good point about
if you plan on using that dealership in the future.
Know when to fight your battles and a sticker wont be worth it down the road when you need something from them.
but other than that, IMO, Phuck'm!

I will say that being the bigger man is more important than my vengeful ways, Lampoon's way would be the best advice.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Hi all! I recently got my car serviced at a different center because the one i used to go to closed, and they put a big ugly black dealer decal over the spot where my old one was. The original dealer I leased my car from closed also. I want to remove it!! I know since the new decal was put on today it will be easy to get off, but I had the original one on for 2 years (didn't bother me because it was a light gray color and not very noticable) and im worried that the adhesive from the original one will not come off.....any advice??? :confused:

Oh, I just noticed you're a newbie.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx for the tips...im definately gonna try the goo gone. I don't really want to be nasty to the people at the dealership because it seems they are the only Certified Pontiac Service Center near me that will service my car and honor my warranty, and i have to go back next week to fix a couple of things. Has anyone else had trouble servicing thier Pontiacs? (I'm from Queens, NY, and I have to travel about 45 min to Kristol's Auto Mall in Brooklyn to even get anyone to look at my car lol)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.