Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2008 g6 and would like to add the sub and amp from my old vehicle. I have been reading alot and would like an up to date explanation on how I would install that to my stock radio as I don't think it is worth adding an aftermarket head unit. Which audio converter should I use some people have said the m-eq and some have referred the 18 dollar product at Walmart. Which one works the best as I have heard that the radio automatically adjusts the level of bass and I definitely do not want that. Thank for ya help

·
Registered
433 Posts
i think they all work the same i would get one with a remote wire built in
but i would get a 360.2 or 3 cleansweep bit one/ten or ms-8 those they are way better but aint cheap

i used an cheap $ 5 one but from parts express but i like the axxess ax-adct2

·
Legend
782 Posts
you can add a cheap hi/lo converter straight to the amp and it will work. the bass will just go up and down with the volume. honestly i think you would be fine adding anyone if you run it then to an EQ or a signal processor. i had a $15 one from best buy and had that for a while then switched it with a Tsunami one my buddy gave me thats more expensive and really couldnt tell any difference. then i just got an aftermarket DDin and then changed it again to a SDin flip out with the metra kit and a Cadence EQ from sonicelectronix.com.

the scosche one will work fine if your using it to then connect to a sound processor or eq but using one by itself it leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Most signal processors will already have high level inputs, so using the scosche to connect to it would be pointless.

Which convertor you choose is up to you, the mtx is decent. It's nothing like the MS8 or BitOne but maybe you dont need something that powerful. Really, for just a sub and amp install I wouldnt bother with the MS8 or BitOne.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so some people are saying to wire to the rear speakers and I have read that with the mtx I can tap into the factory amp and it will have a wire for the remote as well as the rcas which is the best bet with the req???

·
4,052 Posts
I have the MTX i just spliced into the rear speakers, then run a power and a ground. what it does have is a remote switch for another amp. so if your running an aftermarket amp you just run the remote wire to the re-q.

Ive also used the Scoche LOC and it works but Im definietly happier with the MTX

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do I splice to them which wires?? I have two rear speakers both have two wires running to them

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the wires I need to splice will be going to the factory amp? Why is everyone saying rear speakers??? Both my rear speakers have 2 wires going to them each

·
4,052 Posts
Wire them up like this

Right Rear Midrange - D.BU
Right Rear Midrange + L.BU
Right Front Woofer + L.GN
Right Rear Woofer - L.GN/BK

Left Rear Midrange - BN
Left Rear Midrange + YW
Right Rear Woofer - L.GN/BK
Right Rear Woofer + BU/WT

let me know if you need more help ill take pics of mine tonight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is that a good or bad thing? I have a 08 sports package it has a 3.5 chrome wheels and a sunroof? Does that mean my head unit won't need a bass equalizer because only the monsoon sound system adjusts the bass with the volume???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If that's the case I could just purchase the scosche one from Walmart? How would I know if I had the moonsoon system or not?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts