Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you put a sub or two in the trunk of a G6 GT Convertible? Or is there an enclosure made for this car that won't take up the seating in the back?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I do have the monsoon system but no sub in convertible. I tries wiring my sub to the amp with the wiring diagram that I found on several sites including cruthfield. They all said dark blue/white + and lt green/black - I tried this and had the sub working but very weak (no thump). Any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello there!
Yesterday I purchased a 07 Convertible G6 coming from an 05 Bonneville with (2) Kicker "12 sub woofers. I also have a 2nd amp for the in-cabin speakers. Obviously I'm going to have to downsize a lot but I really don't want to give up all together of having great tunes.

Did anyone come across a box or a method to at least mount a small amp some place and 1 subwoofer where the spare should go?

I'm even willing to buy a custom box but I just don't know where to start. I've also read some posts about moving the DIC (IDC?) to the glovebox. I think that's a much better idea.

Anyway thanks for any info!

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you remove the carpet like covering between the trunk and rear seats you will see where the Monsoon Amp and XM radio lumps live. I think you will also find there is a smallish gap between the metalwork and the rear seats. You may be able to mount something here if it is small enough. My convertible is stock so it is not something I have attempted myself. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks for the info, i found a few pictures of a custom sub box for the spare well which I'm going to look into getting made.

Attachments

·
kendaLAND
6 Posts
i know this threat is old but i was wondering what your outcome was for getting a sub in the convertible... I just bought an 07 convertible and am coming from a vehicle that had 4 JL 10W6V2's so needless to say I wanna get a sub in it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts