Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've loved the G6 ever since I started working with them in 2007 at an autobody/car rental shop. Just yesterday I drove off the lot with my very own black 2006 G6 GT. It's got everything I've wanted in a car.

I want to do some **affordable & legal** upgrades to it, if you guys can help out with ideas. I live in an area with a WalMart, AutoZone, Advance Auto, and a couple smaller places. I'm okay with ordering online also. My dad is incredibly talented & handy with cars but short on time.

I'm thinking along the lines of LEDs, rims, speakers, etc.

Also, the dash lights are red. I'm not a big fan. How much work & money would I be investing to change to white or blue?

Help? =)

·
GTP 06
588 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
IMHO, black is one of the best colors the g6 comes in. it looks hot.

For appearance modifications i suggest picking a color that will compliment or go well with the black of the car such as red, yellow, blue, pink, or anything else.

once u pick the color, the possibilities are endless.

decal overlays, caliper paint, dash trim kits/ custom paint, colored leds painting the engine cover, colored gauge face, etc.

jus look at sum of the members rides threads and u'll get sum good ideas.
i suggest looking at lampoon's, and crazy j's.
robert and justin have the most modifications done to thier cars.
if u find sumthing u like, ask around and sumone can tell u where to get it, or use the search, it may have been talked about in a previous thread.

btw, i have a blk 06 gtp vert, and i'm slowly working on adding purple accents, i have pics up in my thread.

have fun, and congrats on the new g6.:D

·
Registered
916 Posts
well as far as a how-to for the light

if you go to Oznium . com there is lots of leds there for customizing lighting
you just need a power and a ground and you can put the lights anywhere. So much easier then a radio install.
Also led make no heat so no risk of burning anything.

but if your looking to do a certain look im sure we could all help you figure out how to go about doing it

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Sorry I'm so late on this thread, congrats!
Try the air freshener mod, its easy and inexpensive, my wife did hers:D (J/K)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts