Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2006 GT coupe. I'd like soem ideas on mods! I just put in blue interior LEDs, badge overlays. I want subs and all new speakers and a new headunit but am not sure what I want exactly and also need some specifics on what I'll need. Up for any suggestions. I can also post more pics of my car if needed.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If you want to replace your whole stereo, you're going to need: HU, Speakers, subs, sub box, wire, fuse holder, amp(s), fuses, antenna adapter, harness and wood.

For other stuff, i strongly suggest looking through the members rides sections to get ideas from what others have done.

The basics are:

-tint
-rims
-tires
-springs
-headlights
-HIDs
-stereo
-intake
-exhaust
-tune
-taillights
-bodykit
-painting some parts
-strut bar

50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want new rims, but i havent really found many that i like on it.
The sound system is the first thing on my list.
Then probably intake and CRABS
I see you also have a silver 6...is there a way to replace my grill with a gxp grill? By this i also mean the housing. I want it to look like the gxp's

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Crabs is an intake, which according to other members is the best one available for the G6.

You cannot replace your grille with the GXP grille. Because the GXP grille is physically bigger than yours, you would have to replace the whole front bumper to get them. If you want to change the grilles but dont want to get a whole new bumper, look into recessed grilles for the G6. Lots of people have them and they look quite good in my opinion.

50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I know it was supposed to mean the intake was CRABS
and Yeah I want the gxp grill so i guess changing the front bumper is what i figured id need to do. Luckily, my house has a whole auto shop so as long as I have the part I can do it all. idk yet depends on the price considering im only 17
I shouldve just bought a gxp

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
For being 17 your in a pretty nice car. Much nicer than the car I had when I was 17.

I should add to the list I made:

-recessed grilles
-tinted tails
-hood
-spoiler
-debadge
-painted calipers (or upgraded to brembo calipers)
-rotors
-mmi's
-interior LEDs
-eyelids

50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!! I get that alot. I want to make it alot better to! I have added either painting my calipers or brembo calipers to the list. Mine is now debadged and also has interior LEDs. That picture is old! After christmas I should have some new pics up. When I do take a look!. I also would like the hammerhead hood. I think it would look sweet. I originally wanted an all black gt coupe but it was sold the day before. Soooo idk I still want a black one and I could either trade mine for a black one or paint it. Or just deal with silver lol I just feel like black is wayy sicker and there are more appearance mods that look better with a black car. btw thanks for your help so far. add me as a friend so you can see my car after xmas!
And btw u have a pretty sick 6 also!

50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did see that bumper and was going to see about getting it! after I called my towns junkyard...And that interior looks sick! what paint did you use? and overall how hard was it?

50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ohh ok cool!Q thanks!! tomorrow I am putting in different LEDs and Painting my calipers blue to match my overlays...check out my garage and give me some feednback

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
i would suggest getting a switchblade key remote. since your car looks so good, why not have your keys look good too.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
I tried a switchblade for my Mustang and it didnt last long at all.
Durability was horrible. Good thing I didnt have to pay for programming
(Ford ones you can program yourself).

So you paid the dealer to program that remote as well??

50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shit you have to take out the whole console to take the trim out? what abou tthe door? I was going to do that and paint my calipers tomorrow! And yea the switchblade keys are awesome! how much for just the key?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The doors are really easy. I wrote a how-to in the how-to section about taking the doors off if you wanna see how to get the trim off. You don't have to take the console right out to get that trim piece off. You just have to undo it so that you can lift it up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts