Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Suggestions on quickness

6K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  CruisinG6 
#1 ·
Okay so I am looking for ways to make my 6 quicker. I want the 0-60 time faster and a better response time when I step on it. I already have a magnaflow exhaust, crabs o3 and have order the fpu. I also have removed the intake resonator. What else can I do? Any suggestions will help. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Tune. WAMS is the highest recommended.

#4 ·
#7 ·
Will do! I'm itching for it to come in!

#12 · (Edited)
It is worth the money in tenfold, it "wakes" up the engine and changes shifting points, making it use the full power of the engine. It is a noticeable difference, according to the computer calculated MPG, in the thoughts of gas mileage. As for the power HP gains.. Wams claims to give a 10-15 hp boost. So that, plus intake and exhaust could possibly add an 20-25 above the stock 3.5V6.

1.) The bass
2.) My summer rims (see progression page; mitchd17 G6 GT)
3.) My EE
(I still love everything I've done to it)

#14 ·
Technically speaking, Yes a WAMS tune would void your warranty... If they find it. You can do what I did and get a replacement PCM/TCM sent to you so you can just swap it, If you need to bring it in for dealer work just put the old one back in and drive it on over.

If there's no reason for them to plug into the car and check it out, then you shouldn't get caught... Such as tire or brake work.

#17 ·
No

#19 ·
I don't believe there are different set ups. From what I gather it either gets tuned for 91 or 93 octane. And the TCM gets tuned accordingly. He has race TCMs but they're too aggressive for driving around normally. I'm not sure of exact prices and I can't check until the weekend when he opens up the website.

I know it cost me around 400 for a new PCM/TCM outright so I had spares.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.