Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 G6 with the panaoramic sunroof and just in the last 2 weeks it has developed a high speed, high pitched whistle. :mad: I can make it stop by cracking a window slightly but when it 95 outside and the A/C is running what is the point?

Anyone else have the same issue or know of a fix? :confused: Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used to have a Blazer with the regular sunroof that did the same thing.
I found that I could adjust the ventilation system to get rid of most of it. I don't remember now whether it stopped when on recirc (Max AC) or when you were letting in fresh air though.
As you pointed out, it takes only cracking a window the tiniest bit to make it stop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you can pin point exactly where the whistle is coming from, you should be able to adjust the panels. You usually can compress the seal more along the rear edge of the panels. Pull back slightly on the plastic sight shield to expose the screw near the rear of the glass panel. Loosen the screw, and have someone push down on the panel while you tighten it back up. Whistle should go away. You can do this yourself, or have a dealer do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my car back to the dealer because of wind noise, and they found that the weatherstripping around the sunroof was kinked. They took the roof out, and had one hell of a time getting all the panels adjusted right. Between the wind noise and checking for water leaks, it took them 3 hours to get what they thought was right. Brought it home, went on a road trip, and the wind noise was horrible. Took it back to the dealer, and they've had it for 3 days trying to get it right. They even got GM involved to try and get it right. If they ever have to do anything with your roof, i wish you luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wow!

First, let me say I love my G6. Secondly, it sounds like I am not alone in this problem. I guess mine is not that bad that I cannot live with it. I am terrified to have the dealership's adjust it as well as doing it myself. I suppose I'll just live with it for now. One thing for sure though is that it has to be tough to adjust those at the factory during the build process. Each car is different in shape even if just a fraction and those are new roofs as well so I assume they cannot be 100% perfect at the install. Oh well life will continue, for now. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts