Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so has anyone else noticed that the sun visors on the g6 are kinda cheap and flimsy? My drivers side visor broke and the metal clip that holds the mirror cover in the up position broke its plastic housing so the cover doesn't stay up without me holding it up. (very frustrating) secondly when I go over larger bumps in the road I hear the visors rattling over everything else. My question is is there any aftermarket sun visors that anyone knows of? I checked ebay and didnt really find too much besides some OEM ones that are the same as whats in there already. It would be really cool if someone made a set of visors that were of high quality and had the pontiac logo on them or something instead of the annoying airbag stickers. Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oh yeah, both mine are broken, in that the covers for the mirrors don't stay closed. My wife solved the problem with some little, almost clear Velcro circles. Just put two on each mirror and the doors stay closed now. It was A LOT cheaper than buying new visors.

·
LIVESTRONG
3 Posts
Mine are broke as well I plan on using the tiny rare earth magnets from radio
shack and some super glue to solve it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Everyone be careful with your sun visors. I have seen them already broken when they were still brand new on dealer's lot.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
My wife snapped my passenger side one off back in 2005. I bought a set from a wreck
to replace it with but never put them on. They are sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can anyone point me to higher quality aftermarket sun visor? I couldnt find them so I doubt they exist. I will have to try the little clear velcro dots that sounds like a good idea if not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts