Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm getting the gm supercharger for my 2.4, but I want to run more than 5lbs of boost. I'm lookin to run between 8 and 10 (whatever my stock motor can run w/out problems). Are the pulley kits available for your chargers the same as my charger? If so, where can I get a different pulley, AND how do I know the correct size to get?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would research as much as possible. There has to be a modular Pulley system out there that you can us. That is the easiest and most useful set-up. Who is the company that makes the SC? Is it a Eaton SP?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is it something similar to this? This is sweet.

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA3017/GAUNDER/RSM+Supercharger+Kit.html

Stage I RSM Supercharger Kit includes a Vortech supercharger, all brackets, oil lines, belt, pulleys, custom PCM programming, adjustable blow-off valve, FMU, induction piping and a K&N cone filter. All the parts needed for the install are included in the kit, no need to buy anything else! Gains of over 60 HP at 6 PSI with no other modification on the 2.4L or 2.2L engine.

So, is this the one you are talking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to be in the j-body scene, and I will say, without a doubt, to STAY AWAY from the RSM charger kit. I've personally known 3 people with that kit and NONE of them made the power expected. It was a good effort, but I don't think it was executed nicely. For one, it uses an FMU for the extra fuel, and if you research FMUs, you'll find nothing but problems with the diaphrams breaking in them, causing catostrophic failure if you're not paying full attention to your A/F ratios as you will no longer be getting the extra fuel the car needs. Second, the cog system on the charger is driven by a gear on the same cam as the power steering pump is driven off of. Scary! Extra boost is also impossible without having a new shaft machined for the drive system, not exactly a quick change of the pulley.

For the OP, I believe he was speaking of the Eaton/GM kit available for the 2.4DOHC motor. There is at least one company, I believe based in Missouri, that makes a modular pulley system for this blower. The GM kit also "comes with" a PCM reflash that can be done at the dealer for the tuning, though I'm not positive how it would handle the additional boost of the smaller pulley. Check out www.j-body.org and you can probably find more info there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice post regaljason.;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah its the GM kit, and i'm getting a pulley from pulley boys. A buddy of mine had mentioned that you guys can get different pulleys for your s/c so i figured i'd pop the question, but i've gotten all the answers i need

I'll be running the following:

gm s/c
2.6 pulley
meth/water spray
370cc injectors

i'll be using HP Tuners software on my laptop for all tuning, so I am only getting a boost / vac gauge since the car will only be dyno tuned

i'm also having a 2.5" exhaust made up w/ a high flow cat going out to dual borla turbo mufflers w/ a couple of their chrome tips

i'm hoping to have this all done before snowfall, so i should have some updates in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice GA also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.